Sunday 26 April 2009

Weddings, Sun and Fun by the Sea

I've just got back from my godmother's wedding. It was a success on all levels - she and her new hubby are so happy, and I am so happy for them. It was a wonderful ceremony. Also, my pre-event diet was successful. Ten days before the event, my zip wouldn't go up. Yesterday, after just over a week of nothing but bran flakes, salads, fruit and lean grilled meat, I fit into it perfectly.

Somehow I managed not to botch my speech. I was asked to give the toast. I was so nervous beforehand that I bit into the corner of my nail and drew blood without noticing. But apparently it went well...The last thing one wants to do is let the couple down at a long-awaited wedding!

Anyway, to top it all off, one of the guests, paid for a room and then had to leave. Guess who enjoyed one free night in a fabulous suite in a five star hotel by the sea? Muahahahaha.

Had wanted to do a nice little write up, but am now too tired. Maybe later.

2 comments:

Mpana said...

thou didst not tell me this blog was once more open! travesty! hello dear.

Emz said...

Hello, hello my dear and sorry o! Yes it's open again. No more skulking off into the darkness...

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com