Thursday 4 October 2007

Overcoming Boredom!

As I walked into work, I phoned my parents as per usual. It’s now part of my routine – phone them when I get off the train, and talk to them until I get to the office. It’s a feat that corroborates the commonly known fact that only women can multi task. I can’t imagine a guy trying to balance the phone in the crook of his neck, and negotiate the self service check out at Tesco, scroll through menus, bag items, count out change, or enter pin numbers, all at the same time.

Anyway, I told them about how I’ve been planning to delete my blog. Bad idea... ‘WHY?’ they screamed, ‘But it’s brilliant, we love your blog!’ and I gave them my quintessential answer: ‘Because I’m bored, it’s so over, this era has come to an end!’

Luckily, my parents know me well, and they knew what to say to stop me from deleting The Half Inch Fount for good. Bargaining didn’t work: ‘OK fine, I won’t delete it, I’ll just take it off the public domain for a while until I figure out what to do’ fell completely flat. My mother has now threatened to get on a plane and come all the way over here because she thinks I’m having a pre-quarter life crisis! My father is on the phone to the travel agents. Calm down mes parents, I’m good.

But seriously, like my old folks said, you gotta learn to deal with boredom sometimes, I suppose. It just means you need to think more laterally, more creatively, about the task at hand. If they abandoned their business every time they got bored, where would we be?

So the good news is, The Half Inch Fount isn’t going anywhere. Plus, I went on the site meter and was absolutely blown away by the number of people who visit here. People from The States, Peru, Ireland, Nigeria, Argentina, Columbia, Saudi Arabia, Brazil, Ghana, France, Australia, Mexico, Turkey, Canada and here in the UK. Thank you to everyone who visits regularly. It’s lovely to have such an exotic, eclectic readership. In the light of all the support…Boredom? Never heard the word!

Big kisses to everyone!

3 comments:

Mpana said...

Look here, how could you think of deleting your blog? I run your feed on my google homepage so I can keep up with it, and it's the only Website I can justify procastinating on...thank goodness for Mum and Dad. I think your blog is lovely, kudos!

Plus, how do you work that site meter thingie?

Atutupoyoyo said...

Phew. That is indeed good news. Mums really do know best.

I get the whole boredom thing though. There are times when you just can't get a kick out of anything. It's good to leave things for a while sometimes and to miss the stuff you enjoy doing.

Besides there is still so much to do. Have you finally posted that darn manuscript?

Emz said...

The manuscript? No, I've scrapped it - it was stale - and it wasn't blossoming how I wanted it to. Not using that story anymore. Am working on something else, something a lot fresher, a lot more exciting...

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com