Friday 26 October 2012

Oh no, I have become one of THEM






When I lived in London, I spent a lot of my time explaining to people why I thought it was ridiculous that they were always asking for random stuff to be brought for them to Lagos. I could not for the life of me understand why I was always being asked to take this, carry that, pack this, buy that. And these requests seemed to come to a crescendo at times like Christmas and Easter when I was coming home.

I am now 10 months into my Lagos life and I am finally running low on all the stocks I brought out with me. I have found various little treasure troves around the place that carry alright products, but there are some things which you just cannot get here and I am longing for a walk down the high street and a little shopping spree.

Over this long weekend, I have an Aunt going to the UK and a work colleague going to the U. S. And I am ashamed to say that I have become one of those people. I have resisted sending anyone for anything or asking anyone for anything for the last few months, but this week, I became alarmingly aware that I am scraping the bottom of my little jar of night cream, and I am just running low on all my little treats, so they were both duly packed off with the appropriate currencies, showered with profuse thanks in advance, and given detailed lists on what to get, where to get it, and substitutes if my first choice wasn't available.

Just for laughs, I thought I'd share what I've asked for. It is so sad, that my happiness for the next month is attached to this list. Well, partially. I have a list of books I want from Waterstones and Amazon but I just haven't found a mule way of getting them here yet. So for now, this is it...


MAC Morange Lipstick
Nars Semi-Matte Morocco Lipstick
Kiehl's Creme de Corps Soy Milk & Honey Whipped Body Butter
Kiehl's Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion
Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Umuera Red Nail Polish
Illamasqua Libido Blusher
Essie Ridge Filler and Base Coat
Muji Scented Candles
Rimmel 3-in-1 Base & Top Coat
Superdrug Natural High Night Cream


So I am trying to deal with my excitement, because come Monday, I will be united with my new friends. I can't believe I have become one of those people. Lord help me! But I know I'm not the only one. What's on your wish list? What have you got recently?



0 comments:

 
Blogger design by suckmylolly.com